Little Miss just started going to “school” two days a week and, I’m not going to lie, it took me a few rounds to get organized with her lunch. But now that I’ve developed a system the process is a breeze. This post may be more geared towards creating lunches for little ones, but the “Creating Easy & Healthy Lunches” chart below formulates a balanced lunch for all ages. I hope the ideas in this post provide inspiration for making lunches healthy and tasty while also saving you time for YOURSELF!
How to Make Easy & Healthy Lunches:
- Invest in a lunchbox, reusable cool packs, and food containers that make for easy packing and clean up. Need some ideas?
- Use the “Creating Easy & Healthy Lunches” chart below as both a formula to create balanced lunches and a grocery list.
- Get your kid(s) involved with creating lunches/grocery lists to teach them about healthy eating and to get them excited about eating their lunch!
- Note that the chart below is a starting point; get creative and add your own foods to the categories for variety.
- Set aside a low stress time for you and and your kid(s) to pack lunch.
- I’ve found doing this while we clean up dinner works great as it is a natural time to pack leftovers.
More Lunch Box Inspiration:
To making lunches nutritious, delicious, and easy! Chris