What’s In a Name?
Upon Googling “naked” the following definitions appear:
- without clothes.
- undisguised; blatant.
In our household we subscribe to both definitions when it comes to naked eating. See exhibits 1 and 2 below.
Exhibit 2: We shoot for eating foods that are in their most “naked” form possible and limit products disguised as food that rob us of our energy and health. (This doesn’t picture a typical practice in our household; mom just couldn’t resist a photo shoot to get a cover image!)
The Motivation behind Naked Eating
Gosh, it seems like there are a million reasons I started this blog. From the day I decided that three months just wasn’t long enough for maternity leave and resigned from my job as a registered dietitian nutritionist and health coach, I have been dreaming up ways to continue to connect with people to share my passion for whole living. Having a little one has also opened my eyes to questions that new parents have when it comes to transitioning to eating solid food. As parents we have an incredible opportunity to influence our child’s eating habits which in turn impacts their growth, development, energy levels, attention span, irritability, mood, sleep, and overall health now and for years to come.
Naked Eating’s Mission
- Make whole living fun, easy, enjoyable, satisfying, engaging, meaningful and achievable!
- Empower you to navigate the challenges that arise with feeding little ones.
- Inspire ideas for making mealtime a place where you go to nourish your body and mind as well as connect with loved ones.
- Help you to identify and follow through with healthy habits that put you in a state of thriving.
- Share evidence-based information about healthy eating that you can count on.