Have you made your Thanksgiving menu yet?! This year, I challenge you to not only be thankful for your family’s health, but to also support it by trying one new healthy dish. I promise you won’t be sorry for accepting my challenge as all the recipes below are TO DIE FOR (in my humble opinion)!
Whether you are cooking for others or joining family and friends for the feast, I wanted to share my favorite healthy Thanksgiving recipes that will have your taste buds singing while also warding off all the negative bodily consequences that can come with traditional Thanksgiving fare: swelling, bloating, lethargy, irritability (not caused by family ;), feelings of yearning for sweatpants or a maternity extension devices for your pants. Happy planning, prepping, savoring, and memory making!
Healthy Thanksgiving Recipe Ideas
Roasted Butternut Squash Soup by Happy Kitchen. Rocks:
- Can be prepared 3-4 days in advance and it is just as good if not better! Prep time 10 minutes, cook time 50 minutes.
Roasted Beet Hummus by Minimalist Baker:
- Can be prepared 3-4 days in advance. Total time 10 minutes.
7 Ingredient Vegan Stuffed Mushrooms by Minimalist Baker:
- Prep time 15 minutes, cook time 1 hour.
Fingerling Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts with Rosemary and Garlic by Oh She Glows:
- Prep time 15 minutes, cook time 35 minutes.
Roasted Acorn and Delicata Squash Salad by Epicurious:
- Prep time 30 minutes, cook time 45 minutes.
Fuji Apple Kale Salad with Maple Spiced Hazelnuts by Nutrition Stripped:
- Prep time 30 minutes, cook time 30 minutes.
Roasted Cauliflower with Pumpkin Seeds, Brown Butter and Lime by Smitten Kitchen:
- Prep time 30 minutes, cook time 40 minutes.
- Can be prepared up to 4 days in advance. Prep time 45 minutes, cook time 1 hour.
Sweet Potato Rolls by Oh, Sweet Basil:
- Prep time 2 hours (20 minutes active), cook time 20 minutes.
Roasted Apple Chicken from Elana’s Pantry:
- Prep time 10 minutes, cook time 90 minutes. Cooking a chicken works great if you are feeding a small crowd; here’s the recipe for the turkey version if you are serving more people or just feel wrong about not having turkey on Thanksgiving.
Slow Cooker Cranberry Pork Chops by The Kitchn:
- Prep time 15 minutes, cook time 6-8 hours (slow cooker). An excellent option if you are looking for a way to free up the oven!
Salmon Roasted in Butter from the New York Times by Mark Bittman:
- Prep time 10 minutes, cook time 15 minutes. Being from the Pacific Northwest, I couldn’t resist this option! Quick, easy, mouth-watering, and rich in anti-inflammatory omega 3 fatty acids.
Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake by Minimalist Baker:
- Can be prepared 3-4 days in advance. Prep time 1 hour, soaking and freezing time 6 hours and 30 minutes.
Mini Flourless Almond Butter Chocolate Cakes by Naked Eating:
- Can be prepared 3-4 days in advance. Prep time 15 minutes, cook time 15 minutes.
Healthy Pumpkin Muffins by Naked Eating:
- Prep time 20 minutes, cook time 30 minutes. Serve with vanilla bean ice cream for a sweeter treat!
Apple Crisp with Coconut and Pecans by The Endless Meal:
- Prep time 15 minutes, cook time 30 minutes.
To a healthy, scrumptious, and joy filled Thanksgiving! Chris