Roasting veggies might be one of the simplest and tastiest ways to change things up or throw together a dinner when a trip to the grocery store is due (hence the carrot and butternut squash combo)! You can put them on a bed of greens with beans or meat, eat them as a side, purée them with some beans for a dip, and the list goes on. Your reaction to the finished product almost every time: FABBBB!
Generally speaking, all you have to do is:
- Preheat oven to 400 degree Fahrenheit.
- Slice your veggies as uniformly as possible (dry them with a paper towel if they are wet).
- Toss veggies in a bowl with extra virgin olive oil (just enough to coat), sea salt, pepper and any other spices or fresh herbs you’re in the mood for. Don’t be shy, go crazy!
- Spread veggies on a pan so they aren’t touching.
- Bake for 25-45 minutes depending on oven, veggies and thickness.
- Feel like a million bucks because you just prevented those veggies from going to waste and threw together a healthy and delicious homemade meal in the midst of the gazillion other things you have on your plate (ba-dum-chssh)!
I want to know, what are your favorite roasted veggie combos?!
Get roasting! Chris